Thursday 5 February 2015

My rock of ages

MY ROCK OF AGES. What can I do without you?
Where can I be without you?
Who can I trust more than you?
I can go around the world..
..and still find no one like you
I can pretend all day long..
..and still can't do without you
You have be there for me since my sunrise
On every birthday, you had a surprise
It was never easy for you when I went..
..out into the world
Fragile in the wild
I did a lot of crazy things
I crossed the line a thousand and one times
But still you had my back
You still showed me with the motherly love
You kept on preaching your proverbs
You felt my pain, you saw my joy
You sacrificed for me, even when I didn't see
To me and my sister, you are ever a star
Shining in our daily lives, never dim
You light our paths and rekindle our hopes
You will always be a shoulder to cry on
FOREVER, My Mama
My rock of ages

By Matolo Kaylo jnr in Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment