Wednesday 1 February 2017

That very knowledge (you give)

My mentors were assassinated
And my teachers labelled terrorists

What does that make me
What then does it mean

To have men hurtle ideologies on us
While we never set any for them

Tell me when in the modern generation
Has the words of a black man, affected a white

There's no heroism in the act
For those of color still do not see

How they are being led astray
The more they don't listen to thine brother

I taught you that the world is being shaped wrong
And you told me it's because I don't want to fit in

But when a white man screams kill the Muslim
You stand beside him even without a reason

I sat and asked myself
Who truly is my enemy

I discovered that, there is no external enemy
As long as I don't have any within

And so I re-looked at Gaza, Palestine
And found children dying without a reason

I looked towards Aleppo, Syria
And still I saw children dying without a reason

While under the carpet
Man are making profits of the ammunition sold

But what can I do
When I can't even save myself,

Maybe if I did
The world might seem different to me

And maybe I will feel
Courageous enough to fight

And maybe if I fail
I might inspire someone to continue the fight

But as long as there is something worth teaching
There will always be

Someone in need
Of that very knowledge you give.

#Peace. 20/12/16
by erL™

No comments:

Post a Comment