Thursday 15 June 2017

Oh Afrika (my motherland)

Oh Afrika
My mother land

For you I’d die
Gladly bleed until my last drop

If that’s what you need
For you to heal yourself

Stab myself in the heart
Shoot myself in the head

For my mother to live
And continue feeding her children,

Oh Afrika
My pride and joy

From the plains of the Serengeti
To the banks of the river Nile

Gladly I would fight
Until my last breath

For you have birthed men
And nurtured him till he became a tyrant

Stealing from your land
Enriching their own pockets with their greed

But today I fight for you
With nothing but sticks and stones

I will fight for you
Until my death becomes the symbol of your struggles,

Oh Afrika
My motherland

My pride and joy
And the birther of men

How long will they fight for you
When you never took from them

What they steal from you
That they never owned,

Oh Afrika
My mother land

#Peace. 15/06/17 by erL

No comments:

Post a Comment